Philip Abbott is the Archives and Records Manager based at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds.
- BA (Hons) History, University of Manchester
- PG Diploma Library and Information Science, College of Librarianship, Wales
- PG Diploma, Archives and Records Management, University of Dundee
- Abbott, P. 2015. ‘Every implement of destruction was used against us’: the lives of Henry and Charles Dawson, 52nd Regiment of Light Infantry, based on their Peninsular War letters. Private published.
- Abbott, P. 2016. ‘William Siborne’s New Waterloo Model’, Journal of British Military History, 3. 3 (2016).
- Abbott, P. 2017. Saving lives: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the campaign for body armour, 1914-18. Royal Armouries.