Accessibility Statement for Royal Armouries
This accessibility statement applies to the Royal Armouries website: https://royalarmouries.org/
This website is run by The Royal Armouries. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to find out:
- What’s On and book an event on the booking website
- About us, what we do, how we work, how we are governed and what our policies are
- About our Collections and our conservation, loan of objects, staff and curators and search our online collection catalogue
- How we manage our collections, finance, staff and other resources, and look after our visitors
- About our research facilities
- About our projects, associations and clubs
- All of the latest museum news, events and other stories
- About our current vacancies and search using our recruitment website
- How to connect with us on social media, view our blog, join our YouTube community and Subscribe to our e-newsletter
- How to contact us
- How to plan a visit
- What’s On
- How to support us with donations, membership, trusts and foundations, corporate partnerships and volunteering opportunities
- About our image library and licensing as well as film, game and media enquiries
- About our brand licensing, venue hire and shop
- About our terms and conditions including accessibility, privacy and cookies and copyright
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
- PDF and Word documents may not be fully accessible for screenreaders and keyboard only users. All documents are available in alternative formats on request.
- Our Up Close interactive online exhibition is not fully accessible to screen reader software.
Feedback and contact information
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We constantly seek to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please let us know and we will get back to you in 7 days.
Contacting us by phone, email or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment. Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
- email: email@example.com
- call: 0113 220 1916
- address: Royal Armouries Museum, Armouries Drive, Leeds, LS10 1LT
- what3words: ///bits.jazz.prom
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Royal Armouries is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will be regularly reviewing and improving any areas of the site which require accessibility improvements.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 19th February 2018. It was last reviewed on 12th September 2023.
This website was last tested on 1st June 2023. The test was carried out by Numiko Ltd.