Immunity From Seizure
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
- The object is usually kept outside the UK
- The object is not owned by a person who is resident in UK
- The import of the object does not contravene any law
- The object is brought into UK for purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
- The museum or gallery has published information about the object
- For further information on immunity from seizure please refer directly to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 or the DCMS website
For information on the Royal Armouries due diligence policy please refer to Section 3 in our Collections Development Policy (pdf, 6mb).
Royal Armouries Museum
Lists of objects proposed for protection under Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 (protection of cultural objects on loan) for the exhibitions:
There are no exhibitions with protected objects at present.
Alternative communication formats
Please contact us if you require any of our downloadable documents in an alternative format.