Tower of London
Royal Armouries is located in the White Tower, the central keep of the Tower of London, which is also its historical home.
Click on the Google map logo below for more directions and a map to the museum.
Royal Armouries is located within the White Tower, HM Tower of London.
The Transport for London website can help you plan your journey and provide live travel advice for London.
- Bicycle stands are located next to the main shop near the entrance.
- No cycling is permitted on pedestrian areas.
- tfl.gov.uk/cycles provides information about cycle routes around the area.
Tower Hill is the closest tube station and is on the District and Circle lines. Follow the signs to the Tower’s main entrance which is a five minute walk from the station – Live Tube service updates
Travelling to the Tower of London by car is inadvisable as it is within the Congestion Charging Zone and nearby parking is limited and expensive.
There are two stations close by: Fenchurch Street and London Bridge.
- Fenchurch Street: Exit on to Fenchurch Place and turn left. Turn left down steps onto New London Street and continue to Hart Street. Turn left and then right into Seething Lane. At the end of Seething Lane turn left onto Byward Street. The Tower of London is on your right. This is approximately a 5 minute walk.
- London Bridge: Cross the bridge over the River Thames and turn right on into Monument Street, continue onto Lower Thames Street. After a 10-15 minute walk the Tower of London is located on your right.
Docklands Light Railway
Tower Gateway Station is located close to Tower Hill station and the Tower entrance is sign-posted.
- Bus routes: 15, 42, 78, 100, RV1
- All major sightseeing bus tours.
Riverboats for Tower Pier leave from Charing Cross, Westminster and Greenwich.
- The Tower is in the Congestion Charging Zone.
- There is no parking at the Tower of London.
- The nearest coach and car park is situated on Lower Thames Street and is a 2 minute walk to the main entrance which is clearly indicated.
- There are several Disabled Parking bays clearly marked.
- Pricing information and car park opening and closing times telephone the City of London Corporation on 020 7606 3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other car parks can be found using Transport Direct.