Treat your mum like a queen at the Royal Armouries - Thursday, 11 March 2010
This weekend marks the start of our tournament and horse show season and we kick off in style with two special jousts to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Why not make a change from the usual chocolates and bubble bath and treat your Mum to an exciting show featuring our chivalrous knights in shining armour and their brave steeds. Every Mum at the joust will receive a special gift of roses.
It promises to be an action-packed weekend for all the family at the Museum with ‘make-and-take’ craft sessions for the kids, guided tours, live performances and have-a–go sword fighting.
Horse Shows & Falconry Displays
Outdoor performances take place from April to October in our purpose-built arena. Daily horseshows start at 1.30pm (2pm during school holidays).
Experience authentic medieval jousting live in the heart of the city – the Royal Armouries Knights joust every weekend throughout the season.
As well as these displays of horsemanship our ever-popular daily falconry displays begin again on Thursday 1 April, starting at 12noon.
Tel: 0113 220 1978
Notes to editors
From 11am throughout the day
Mother’s Day Joust
Tickets can be bought on the day
(children 3-15, 60+)
Photo opportunities with the knights
After the joust
Arts & Crafts
Make Mother’s Day cards & paper flowers
Have-a-go Sword Fighting
(min. height 4ft)
45 min session
- Royal Armouries is the national museum of arms and armour and has sites in Leeds, HM Tower of London, Fort Nelson and Louisville, Kentucky. It is the first British national museum to open a permanent presence in another country
- Admission to the museum is free. However, there may be a small charge for some special events.
- Open all year daily, 10am-5pm. Closed 24-25 December
- Information Line: 0113 220 1999
- Website: www.royalarmouries.org
- The Royal Armouries Museum should not be confused with Royal Armouries International plc, the private sector corporate hospitality business.