PHOTOCALL NOTICE: FORT NELSON TATTOO LAUNCHES WITH A BANG - Thursday, 28 June 2012
You are invited to send photographers/reporters/film crews to Fort Nelson at 11am on Friday (June 29) as the Royal Armouries officially launches the Fort Nelson Tattoo – in aid of three Armed Services’ Charities.
The Fort Nelson Parade Ground will come alive on Saturday, September 8 with breathtaking displays, military bands and historic re-enactments in this not to be missed event – and on Friday we’re unveiling the programme.
See the mighty tank-like Sexton roar through its paces – plus a Rose and Thistle piper; members of the HMS Sultan Volunteer Band; WW2 Jeep from the Solent Overlord Executive Military Collectors’ Club, and even a daytime fireworks show.
The Royal Armouries are supporting ABF The Soldiers’ Charity; the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity; and RAF Benevolent Fund.
A press release – giving a full round up – will be available on Friday.
Notes to editors
- Royal Armouries is the national museum of arms and armour and has sites in Leeds, HM Tower of London, Fort Nelson and Louisville, Kentucky. It is the first British national museum to open a permanent presence in another country
- Admission to the museum is free. However, there may be a small charge for some special events.
- Open all year daily, 10am-5pm. Closed 24-25 December
- Information Line: 0113 220 1999
- Website: www.royalarmouries.org
- The Royal Armouries Museum should not be confused with Royal Armouries International plc, the private sector corporate hospitality business.