Fantasy Meets Reality – Meet the Superheroes! - Thursday, 2 May 2013
Fantasy meets reality at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds, this Bank Holiday (4 to 6 May) with an invasion of the superheroes.
From Batman to Wolverine – and Ninja to Samurai – meet our costumed superheroes with appearances and photo opportunities throughout the day.
There will also be another chance to see the replica Iron Man suit, created by Bradford’s Mark Pearson as part of the museum’s “Inspired by….” programme.
Museum visitors can:
- Learn about the modern superheroes’ arms and armour, plus combat skills
- Discover the connection between mythical characters and real martial arts disciplines and weapons.
- Join master classes with comic book artists Kristyna Baczynski and Peter Doherty. Watch them draw – and have a go and design your own superhero.
- Enjoy workshops with Product H – History Behind the Legends. Learn what superheroes wear and the weapons they use.
- Have-a-go at basic Japanese martial arts techniques – and watch demonstrations by Batman, Wolverine, the Ninja and Samurai
The event runs daily on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday. Museum admission is free although a small charge may apply for some activities.
For more information and the latest news about the Royal Armouries:
Notes to editors
- Royal Armouries is the national museum of arms and armour and has sites in Leeds, HM Tower of London, Fort Nelson and Louisville, Kentucky. It is the first British national museum to open a permanent presence in another country
- Admission to the museum is free. However, there may be a small charge for some special events.
- Open all year daily, 10am-5pm. Closed 24-25 December
- Information Line: 0113 220 1999
- Website: www.royalarmouries.org
- The Royal Armouries Museum should not be confused with Royal Armouries International plc, the private sector corporate hospitality business.