The Royal Armouries Museum is located at Leeds Dock, just a short distance from Leeds City Centre.
To ensure a trouble-free journey, we have provided some guidance below on how to get to our museum in Leeds.
For your convenience we have also provided maps for you to download and print out.
|Getting here by car||Parking your car||Getting here by bus|
|Getting here by train||Getting here on foot||Getting here by boat|
|Getting here by bike||Maps to download|
The museum is well signposted on all major routes as you approach Leeds. Follow the brown tourism signs for Royal Armouries with the ‘horned helmet’ logo.
- From the North: Follow brown tourism signs on the A64.
- From the East: M62 east users exit M621 at junction 4 and follow the brown tourism signs.
- From the South: M1 users exit M621 at junction 4 and follow the brown tourism signs. A1 users follow brown tourism signs on the A64.
- From the West: M62 users exit M621 at junction 3 and follow the brown tourism signs.
There is a secure 24hr fully-manned car park, managed by CitiPark, located only 100 metres from the museum entrance at Leeds Dock.
The car park has over 1600 bays, and has CCTV and security patrols.
More information on fees and facilities can be found on the CitiPark website
Free and secure bicycle storage is also provided.
5 disabled parking spaces are provided next to the Tiltyard close to the museum entrance. See our Access page for more details.
The First Leeds station circular (service 70) runs directly from the Leeds Railway Station Bus Interchange to Leeds Dock. The bus runs every 12–15 minutes Mon-Sun.
Timetables and more information for service 70 available on the WY Metro website.
In addition, First Leeds service 28 runs from just outside the student residences near the car park.
Timetables and more information for service 28 available on the First Leeds website.
To help plan your journey to Leeds and the Royal Armouries Museum by train, use the Go Euro Journey Planner .
- From London: Virgin Trains East Coast direct every half hour – journey time is just over 2 hours.
- From Manchester/Liverpool: First TransPennine Express direct to Leeds – journey time is 50-90 minutes.
- From Birmingham/Newcastle/Edinburgh: Cross Country/First Transpennine direct every half hour – journey time is about 2-3 hours.
- From Sheffield: Cross Country/Northern Rail direct every hour – journey time about 1 hour
- From York: Cross Country/Northern Rail/First Transpennine direct every 15 minutes – journey time about 30 minutes.
The Royal Armouries Museum is within walking distance of Leeds Central Train Station (New Station St, Leeds LS1 4DY, UK), but there are a number of options of how to get to the museum.
- Walk: About 10-15min (Follow the brown tourist signs for ‘Royal Armouries’, and/or speak to the tourist information centre in the train station who can offer directions)
- Taxi: About £4 from the taxi rank at the front of the station.
- Bus: Buses run regularly from the rail station on Neville Street, stop Z3 (Service 70)
- Water Taxi: During the summer months a regular free water taxi runs between Granary Wharf (Leeds Rail Station South Entrance/Exit) to Leeds Dock.
It is a 10 minute walk from Leeds Bus Station and a 15 minute walk from Leeds Railway Station – directional signs are available along the route.
There is a free water taxi service that travels between the Leeds Railway Station south entrance (Granary Wharf, near to the Doubletree Hilton hotel) and Leeds Dock.
It runs everyday Mon–Fri (7am–7pm) and Sat–Sun (10am–7pm). The trip takes 12–20 minutes.
The museum stands on National Cycle Network Route 67.
Bicycle racks are provided close to the museum entrance.
Please ensure that your bicycle is properly locked at all times and valuables removed.
Maps to the museum
For your convenience we have provided maps for you to download and print out below.
To read PDF documents you will need Adobe Reader.
If you do not currently have it installed you can download Adobe Reader for free.