Task 3 Popham portrait
Through a question and answer session students could discuss their findings from the Popham portrait.
Students could be asked to consider:
- Why do you think the portrait was painted?
- Who do you think paid for the portrait to be painted?
- Why was the painting placed over the fireplace?
- What is the significance of the different parts of the portrait?
Students could be asked to investigate other 17th-century portrait paintings and compare the similarities and differences between the portraits.
Download the portraits of:
- What do portraits in the 17th-century tell us about what people thought was important?
- Is the Popham portrait unusual?
Today's activities programme - view
Saturday 29 April
To read PDF documents you will need Adobe Reader.
If you do not currently have it installed you can download Adobe Reader for free.