Curriculum links: Littlecote House
Key Concepts covered:
- Chronological understanding
- Change and continuity
- Cause and consequence
Key Skills covered:
- Historical Enquiry
- Using Evidence
- Communicating Information about the Past
Range and Content:
This module links to the thematic study of the changing nature of relationships between the Crown and Parliament through an in depth study of one particular man and his house. It also shows a turning point in the thematic study of conflict over time.
- Understanding how the past events of the English Civil Wars have helped to shape our environment today.
- Using a virtual museum to understand how attitudes to the past are constructed.
- Links to a local history study.
- Links to Geography: changes in the local landscape.
- Links to Art: Landscapes, provincial art and critical understanding of others work.
Today's activities programme - view
Sunday 23 April