SEMINAR - Fakes and forgeries
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 7 February 2015
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 7 February 2015
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
Saturday 7 February 2015
10.30 – 4.30
Karen Watts – Senior Curator Armour and Art, Royal Armouries & Ian Bottomley – Curator Emeritus (formerly Senior Curator of Oriental Collections, Royal Armouries)
The Gothic Revival of the 19th century saw a growing enthusiasm for acquiring medieval armour. Wonderful fakes were produced to meet the increasing demand.
This seminar will consider how these fakes were produced and explore how fakes may be identified. Delegates will be able to handle and study some of the museum’s most remarkable fakes.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
Book online below or tickets can also be booked by phone or email.
Tel: 0113 220 1888
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page