SEMINAR: THE ARMOURER’S ART
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 25 May 2013
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 25 May 2013
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
Saturday 25 May 2013
10.30am – 4.30pm
Karen Watts – Senior Curator of Armour & Art, Royal Armouries
Explore the art of the armourer in this unique session about the decoration of armour in the 16th century.
Join our expert curator to handle original examples of Renaissance armour showing techniques such as engraving, etching, gilding, embossing, damascening and bluing.
Discover how knights ‘dressed to impress’ with rich ornamentation, unusual scenes and surprising images to inspire them in battle, parade and tournament.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page