- Starts at: 10:00am Saturday 6 June 2009
- Finishes at: 5:00pm Sunday 7 June 2009
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Everyone
- Event type: Family Activity
Come and join in 1940’s style.
A chance to handle objects from World War II, have a 1940’s style make over, listen to stories from the Spiv’s, have a go at our children’s rifle range, bring home the milk with the help of Daisy the Cow from our land army, join in the 1940’s sing along and test your rhythm with our swing dance workshops.
Don’t miss our Cavalcade horseshow, falconry display and the chance to get up close with real military vehicles.
There will be a wide range of activities for all the family, including:
- Themed interpretations
- Readings from real life D-Day stories
- Cavalcade horse show
- 1940’s musical performances
- 1940’s swing dance workshops/have a go
- 1940’s hair and make up workshop
- Handling sessions
- Children’s have-a-go rifle range
- Falconry show
- Children’s have-a-go land army
- 1940’s Spiv storytelling sessions
- Themed arts and crafts
- Military vehicle display
Some events may carry a small charge
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page