Medieval Easter week 2
- Starts at: 12:00am Tuesday 14 April 2009
- Finishes at: 12:00am Friday 17 April 2009
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Children
- Event type: Children's Activity
Daily events include:
- Medieval themed interpretations.
- Medieval themed horseshows.
- Children’s Museum tours and children’s activity area.
Please look out for the following special activities:
- Rent a Peasant Medieval activity.
- Make your own traditional dyed Pace Egg & see the baby chicks.
- Medieval tile making and historic wattle & daub demonstrations from The Company of Artisans. Make a Medieval tile and discover how Medieval buildings are made using wood, straw and mud.
- Medieval journeyman potter, displaying his wares from his travels across England. Pots for the kitchen, pots for the garden, pots for the lord and pots for the privy. Watch the potter make the pots on a replica oak wheel.
Medieval health and makeup workshops. Discover some of the cures medieval people used to make them feel and look better – from medicine to make-up. Help us to prepare some of the ingredients needed in the quest to be fit, healthy and beautiful, Medieval style!
Whatever the weather this Easter there’ll be loads of fun for lords and ladies of all ages.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page