SEMINAR - Arms and armour of the Wars of the Roses
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 12 April 2014
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 12 April 2014
- Location: Leeds
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
Blood Red Roses
Saturday 12 April 2014
10.30 – 4.30
Dr Thom Richardson – Deputy Master of the Armouries & Robert Woosnam-Savage – Curator of European Edged Weapons, Royal Armouries
Learn about the arms and armour of the period and handle contemporary pieces from the Royal Armouries collections including examples of the armour and weapons worn and used at battles such as Towton (1461) and Bosworth (1485).
Examine a range of military equipment from armets and arrows to sallets and swords and hear from, and talk with, one of the team who helped discover and identify Richard III.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
Book online below or tickets can also be booked by phone or email.
Tel: 0113 220 1888
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page