Requesting a Loan
All loans are subject to availability and our conditions of loan.
We will normally expect loans to be on display and accessible to the public.
Loans must be planned well in advance and requests must be made in writing at least 6 months before the objects are required.
The basic principles of how we conduct loans are given in our External Loans Policy.
External Loans Policy Overview
- The Royal Armouries recognizes both the national and international importance of its collection and the contribution it can make to the increase of knowledge and appreciation of arms and armour by lending.
- The Royal Armouries will endeavour to meet all requests for loans for public display from its collections, subject to the conditions of loan, its own display requirements and the needs of the collections.
- Loans will be renewable every three years up to a maximum set at the beginning of the loan.
- The Royal Armouries will require borrowers to pay the costs of setting up and returning loans. The Royal Armouries reserves the right to make other charges as it sees fit. All charges will be notified in advance of a loan being made.
- Borrowers insurance requirements and liabilities will be as laid out in the Government Indemnity Scheme, Guidelines for National Institutions issued by the Museums Libraries and Archives Council, 24th May 2005, and any subsequent amendments.
To read PDF documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not currently have it installed you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.