Just Jousting – Experience the Thrills and Spills of the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Challenge - Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Cheer on some of the world’s top jousters as they clash head to head for HM The Queen’s Golden Jubilee Trophy at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds this Bank Holiday (August 28 to 30).
Watch the drama build through the heats, reaching a climax on Bank Holiday Monday when “Henry VIII” will present the overall champion with a trophy following the spectacular finale.
There will be two smashing heats on Saturday and Sunday at 12.15pm and 2.45pm – with a nail biting semi-final and final concluding the excitement on Monday. One of the Royal Armouries professional actors – in full Henry VIII regalia – will do the honours at the awards ceremony.
Come early each day and pick your favourite knight in shining armour in our daily knight’s challenge. Other highlights include:
- Themed live performances – Daily, free – all galleries
- Jesters Yard – Daily 10am to 4pm, lots of fun for the kids in the children’s new play area (0-10 years), £2.50 – 5th floor
- Human Statues – Daily – Street and Arena
- Medieval Jesters – Daily, look out for our loony jesters entertaining the crowd – Street and Arena
- Castles in the Clouds – Daily, Stilt walking show – Street and Arena
- Medieval Musicians – Daily 10.30am and 4pm, listen to traditional medieval music. – Street
- Falconry – Daily 11am, Newsroom
- Path to Victory Parade – Monday 2pm, cheer on the knights as they lead their teams to victory. – Boulevard/Royal Armouries Square
For more details and ticket prices, visit www.royalarmouries.org
All joust tickets can be bought in advance or on the day:
Tel: 0113 220 1888
VIP balcony tickets can be bought in advance only.
Tel: 07838 379599
Notes to editors
- Royal Armouries is the national museum of arms and armour and has sites in Leeds, HM Tower of London, Fort Nelson and Louisville, Kentucky. It is the first British national museum to open a permanent presence in another country
- Admission to the museum is free. However, there may be a small charge for some special events.
- Open all year daily, 10am-5pm. Closed 24-25 December
- Information Line: 0113 220 1999
- Website: www.royalarmouries.org
- The Royal Armouries Museum should not be confused with Royal Armouries International plc, the private sector corporate hospitality business.