SEMINAR - Unusual and obscure arms and armour
- Starts at: 10:30am Saturday 14 March 2015
- Finishes at: 4:30pm Saturday 14 March 2015
- Suitable for: Adults 18+
- Event type: Seminar
10:30am Saturday 14th March 2015 - 4:30pm Saturday 14th March 2015 at Leeds
You don’t see one of those every day
Saturday 14 March 2015
10.30 – 4.30
Mark Murray-Flutter – Senior Firearms Curator and Analyst, Royal Armouries and Peter Smithurst – Curator Emeritus, Royal Armouries
You would expect to find the most iconic objects from the world of arms and armour represented in the Royal Armouries collections, but what about those items that are rare, experimental or just infamous?
Join our expert curatorial staff to learn about some of the more obscure and unusual elements of our collections – and have the chance to handle, ask questions about and study up close these weird and wonderful items.
- All of the seminars run from 10:30 to 4:30 and take place at the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
- Lunch is not provided, but there is a bistro and a café plus a picnic area in the Museum.
- Booking is essential as the seminars tend to sell out quickly and places are limited to 20 delegates per seminar.
Proof of photographic ID such as passport or driving license is needed for all seminars. Entrance may be denied without suitable identification.
Book online below or tickets can also be booked by phone or email.
Tel: 0113 220 1888
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page