Divided Loyalties: The English Civil Wars
Saturday 27 September 2008 at Leeds
- Starts at: 11:00am Saturday 27 September 2008
- Finishes at: 4:00pm Sunday 28 September 2008
- Suitable for: Everyone
- Event type: Themed weekend
Watch Cavaliers and Roundheads do battle over this weekend and bring the English Civil Wars to life.
Learn to handle swords, muskets, sabres and pike drill. Watch in awe as the cannons roar and the horses charge.
Which side will you choose?
Come and join in a whole weekend of events here at the Royal Armouries Museum in conjunction with The Sealed Knot, re-enactors from The Earle of Manchester’s Regiment of Foot.
Get an interactive insight into life in the 17th century and the English Civil Wars.
- Meet Cavalier officers and Parliamentarian commanders as they clash on the battlefield.
- Take part in a pike drill, handle sabres, muskets and swords.
- Watch charging horses and see cannon firing by a 17th Century regiment.
- See the largest collection of English Civil Wars arms and armour in the world.
The Sealed Knot is the society of Cavaliers and Roundheads, one of the two main civil war re-enactment organisations in the UK.
The location address, map and a guide to getting here can be found on the Visitor Information page